#340 What say you?

Oh I was watching AC Di Sini this evening and he had three of the most amazing male vocalists back in the 90s. They are Amir Ukays, Zamani Slam, and Manbai Gersang. I guess if you're born in the 80s you will know who these people and of course if you listen to Malay music lah then right? I know I grew up listening to these three male vocalists and to me they had a brilliant voice and I was not wrong when they sang once again tadi.

I've always had a soft spot for Manbai ever since Layar Lara and the song Kau Ilhamku. I think Kau Ilhamku is like one of those songs regardless of any race you are, you will definitely know the song. It's like one of those songs like Innuendo's Belaian Jiwa (even though it was first sang by Carefree). Ohh did I ever mention that Belaian Jiwa was the first song I downloaded and this was back in Jakarta in 2000. Too bad right.. they're no longer around. I know Pot has his own other group, Radiostar. I wonder what happen to the rest, well I know Reymee was the one who organized the Live & Loud KL. How about the rest? They were like one of the best (well to me THE BEST) vocal group around then. =) I have some of Pot's songs such as Pada Senyummu (OST for Buli Balik) and Hinnga Akhir Pasti (OST for Mimpi Moon). Oh the later is going to be my wedding song... I don't care.. I so want that in my wedding video. I love love that song!!

So yea back to Manbai... he sang the famous Gersang song, Makin Aku Terasa. His voice is still the bomb!! Love love... we need more male vocalists like him. I'm kind of sick of male vocalists who try so hard to imitate Western singers... especially the R&B singers.

*************************************************************************************************

On a different note, I don't know why it is easy for people to open up to me. Not that I mind but sometimes it can get rather scary when people start telling their deep secrets. The thing about me is that I'm attached to people I care about. So when they tell me their problems I get emotional like I'm the one having the problem. Like last night a friend told me about his problem and how he knows it's wrong and he said he will stop doing what he's doing. I really look up to him and after what he's told me, I feel like I'm lost a part of me that believed him. And I told him that last night and I think I don't know... I don't know what to think anymore. It's just plain confusing.

It's just one of those things... and problems!

well this picture has nothing to do with my problem above. Lionel was around during Christmas so this was one afternoon spend with him and the rest of the gang. This was taken at Fleur de Lys Kiulap. :)

toodles.. my dearests!!

5 comments:



Syaf said...

My mum's fave is Zamani Slam! I guess they have great vocals but too bad they are no longer active in the music scene anymore. I guess if they are still around, it would add a tight competition in the Malay music scene, don't you think?

Out Of Focus said...

The thing is, you don't have to think too much about it. No matter what your friend did or how dark their secrets are, to me, a friend is a friend is a friend, full stop. Sure it'll change what you might think of them now, but they're still the same person, right? They still joke with you, have fun with you, just like what it used to be.

Don't think any deeper than that all you friend needed was a friend. Of course I don't know what the full story was. If it's got something to do with you, tell me where he lives and I'll kick his a$$ for you. Hehehe!!

alyaa.p said...

SS

hahah a guy friend is crazy over Zamani all over again! He should start a fan club with your mummy! hahah just kidding :) but yea... these men still have a great vocal and they are put to waste which is a great shame. :(

OOF

Yea... no no it has nothing to do with me. I've looked beyond the whole thing he told me, he is after all just a friend and as you said the same person. Things are pretty normal between the two of us. :)

Thanks for the advice :)

Anonymous said...

Happy new year Alyaa!

Anonymous said...

Salam, Sam is the mystery man, Pot is with his band Radiostar, Reymee organized Live & Loud and Taj can be heard on SuriaFM 105.3 on Saturdays 8pm-10pm on Suria Lounge.