#162 princesasophie is a year old already!!

I didn't really notice that my blog is a year old until I checked because since Syaf's blog is turning a year old. Actually I started blogging back in 2000 but then I used livejournal because it was really easy to use since I had no idea any html codes and such! I started blogging because I felt weird back in Brunei after about 5 years being overseas (Indonesia). I know most of you are going to think... ahh it's just Indonesia and it was only for 5 years. The thing is I kinda grew up there... from the age of 9 till 14. So it's like I spend my adolescence years there. Indonesia opened my eyes to the bigger picture in life and then came back in 2000 and everything just seemed weird. School, friends, surroundings.. it just seemed awkward. Another reason to why I started was to keep in touch with old friends y'know keeping them updated with my Brunei life.

Then the blog started becoming personal as it was a place for me to pour everything out. I wasn't public about who I was then. I had nicknames and such and there were no pictures of me then. I became friends with a lot of people just by blogging at livejournal. One of them was a young woman in KL who I met for the first time in 2005 I think. Apparently her mom is the sister of a friend of my mom. Whose husband worked with daddy in Indonesia! What a small world? Then I met her again for the second time last year when I had a trip to KL to visit my uncle who underwent chemotherapy there. Got close to my current bestfriend through livejournal because she used to read my blog and I read hers! Then in 2002, we some how became bestfriends. Sweet huh? Until now!! Even though we had that fight in 2004 but we're all good now!! :)

Ohh how I miss the small community of Bruneian bloggers back in the days. Now, I don't know! I like blogging now because well I read my fellow UBD-ians blogs and it's just fun. You get to see the other side of people. Sometimes the good sides but then there are times where you see the bad side of them. I can be a judgmental person, I judge people by my first encounter with them. I try to change that because I don't really like it. It's a bad habit of mine! And blogging makes me see the people's characteristics!

And I have to agree blogging has expanded my number of friends. And I'm loving it! :)

till then... :)

2 comments:



Syaf said...

Happy Birthday to your blog! Wow, cool story! I started blogging in 2004 but then I was the only reader. Hehehe...Then I deleted it and I started blogging again on March 7th, 2006.

Again, Happy Blogiversary princesasophie!

alyaa.p said...

awww sweetness! thank you!! happy blogiversary to you too curioussyaf!. will wish you again when the time comes!! heheh :)