movies... perempuan melayu terakhir

I so hate a feeling that I have everytime after I watch Perempuan Melayu Teakhir. I know you'll probably think then don't watch it but I just love the movie. It makes me think and feel but everytime I try and think about the issues portrayed I get that feeling that I have no idea what it is. It's all about Melayu... entah lah am I really a Melayu? Hahahah I guess I'll just have to go to Terengganu and find my true Melayu there. hahah just kidding... That's what happened in the movie, the guy Haikal had a major flop with his English theater. And well he's actually a lecturer who teaches literature I think and to him all 'father' of western literature are the masters. He's actually a Malay Muslim that somehow practices the life of a westerner *reminds me of someone actually*. He drinks and yea. And there was this scene in the movie where Nanu Baharuddin introduce Haikal as "Melayu Murtad" to Pak Ungku. Everything in this movie touches me. And I know I'm not a pro in discussing movies, therefore I can't really dig into them. It's just too complicated to think about it. Like how Yasmin Ahmad put it, "don't think, just feel the movie". That's what I did but still somehow I kept on thinking about it. Erh... too tired to think about movies now. hehe

Ohh I just texted my brother and he said mami will be admitted back to the hospital tomorrow but not so sure about the surgery yet. I'm worried... I mean even though she's not my real mom but still she was my breast feeding mother. *oopsie* hahah

Ohh I'm loving a song by Chrisye, it's called Kala Sang Surya Tenggelam. I remember back in the Jakarta days my dad had those karaoke laser discs and the first one had this song in it and I totally felt in love with it. And still loving it.. and that was 11 years ago. heheh..

Ok then I'm gonna go now... just plain tired. Hope you guys enjoy the pictures..


Chrisye - Andai Aku Bisa

0 comments: